Ok, there be more than meets the eye. Early this morning I placed the breast into a ziplock bag-added, soy sauce, white vinegar, sesame oil, pepper-then into the frig.
Later that day; around 5:30:
Heated up the grill; started a pot of quinoa on the stove; opened a can of kidney beans-rinsed and drained. Cut into 1/2" slices a red pepper, yellow pepper, and blue pepper into a bowl add a large onion (cut into same size -always same size pieces-doused with oilive oil; two tablespoons of dried basil and Fresh Ground black pepper-set aside.
Medium saucepan-kidneybeans with 1/2 a chopped onion, 3 cloves smashed garlic, olive oil. -slow cook cause I want it to be dry. Oh yea, add a teaspoon of cumin!
I have a metal basket that goes on the grill> It is one of the great inventions. I pour the pepper mixture into the basket on the grill and close the grill lid.
At this point still do not know what I am making.
Pineapple whole-trim skin off and cut into 1/2-3/4" think rounds.
You have to stir the peppers every five minutes. when the peppers are getting a grill look about them, I put the chicken breast on the grill. Note: you must remember where you place the chicken on the grill- you never want to later cook vegetable or anything else on the surface where any meat was without it being thoroughly cleaned. Your Vegetarian wife will appreciate this. Also use separate utensils when cooking or grilling.
When the peppers are close to charred I moved the metal basket to one side, and placed the pineapple slices in its place on the grill (see- no meat contamination!)
Did I mention the mango sauce? Oh I forgot. I have seen the mango salsas, sauces and such. So, I wanted to try one- two small habenara peppers (seeds removed), one mango seed and skin removes, 1/4 cup chopped red onion, and olive oil-maybe a 1/4 cup, oh and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Blended. I thought this would be great on some pork or some meat. Then I remembered I was cooking chicken. Oh well! Everything I cook does not always work out. However, my wife reports that it was quite tasty!
Served the Grilled peppers chopped up and garnished with flour tortillas that I had toasted on the grill.
Another arugula salad with EVO, balsamic, FGP (fresh ground pepper), and freshly grated Parmesan.
The kidney beans- I had prepared a bowl with a cup of chopped cilantro and poured the bean mixture on top.
I let the chicken sit on the cutting board for 10 minutes and then sliced it diagonally in 1/4 slices.
Grilled pineapple on a separate plate.
Yes it was a lot for three people, but I got carried away when I started pulling food out of the frig randomly. That is ok! This is what makes cooking fun! More philisohical waxing later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment